It is important for the future of our state that we have leaders in the state legislature who will consistently stand for our constitutional principles of limited government, individual liberty and economic freedom. I have proven my leadership over the last 3 years throughout East Tennessee and plan on bringing an active leadership style to Nashville in the following ways:
Be Authentic with the constituents you serve
- Stand as a believer in Christ.
- Stand for traditional family values.
- Consistently doing what is best for the people and not what is simply best politically.
- Answer questions directly so constituents will not have to guess where I stand on the issues.
Action through Leadership
- Influence and continue to build the relationships in the Legislature. There must be collaboration in order to achieve success in legislation.
- Approach the office of the people the same way I have my
business…set vision, plan, set lead measures, set expectations, lead the
staff, and hold people accountable.
- Forcefully/tactfully advance conservative principles.
- Manage the resources entrusted to me as if they are my own. In running a business, serving on finance committee for my church with a $9 mill budget or
my personal finances, I’ve been able to manage resources effectively.
- Work to change traditional, government spending habits. As with many small businesses, we have had to re-invent ourselves and effectively manage the way we utilize our resources. This has enabled our business to be cash flow positive for the last 10 years.
- We will Influence fiscal responsibility with credibility. Many in government simply don’t understand how to reduce the deficit or control spending. By God’s grace, our family has been blessed to be completely debt free since 2008. You can trust that I will go to Nashville and work to reduce spending in all areas because I’ve done it in my personal life and business.
- Consistent time with constituents.
- Educating, empowering and encouraging.
- Town halls, engagement through social media, and constituent round tables,
- Pursuing accessibility in office leads to a govt by the people and
for the people.